Old May 25th 05, 02:24 AM
Bob Shuman

The throttle body cleaning is just regular preventive maintenance so should
be done every 12-18 months or so depending on miles you drive annually. I
was thinking it may be causing a rough idle, but it does not sound like you
are describing that, so I'd look at the rotating wear items that I mentioned
previously. Start with the Air conditioner since it will sound different
when the clutch is engaged or not. You can sometimes spray each of the
bearings one by one with some silicone lube and they may quiet down for a
few minutes helping you to identify the source. This is only a temporary
fix and will not solve your noise problem. You can also use a stethoscope
or make something up to accomplish the same by holding a solid item to each
of the accessories and seeing if you can locate the source.

Good luck and do post what you find for the benefit of others.

Bob

lkaboutautos.com...