Old January 15th 05, 04:48 AM
rms

> So THAT's why you have been giving us the cold-shoulder lately

There's nothing wrong with the 6800GT. It's *twice* the speed of my old
9700pro. No, nvidia can't do fsaa/aa to save their lives, but so what, I'd
rather run 1600x1200 anyway.

At $350 5months ago it is and was the best perf/perf high-end card on the
market. ATI completely botched the release of the X800XT in all
departments, from performance to price to availability. It is only just now
that ATI is releasing a card, the X800XL, that matches the 6800GT, AND IT IS
PCI-E ONLY AND IS NOT YET AVAILABLE.

The upshot is that MitchA is just as screwed up in his videocard opinions
as he is in supporting the Asshole-In-Chief.

rms