Old August 15th 06, 06:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
tomkanpa

Default Calling Glenn Beasley

Glenn, I had my Cruiser serviced. The reason for the bad mpg was that
the calibers were hanging up. It was like I was driving with the front
brakes on all the time.
The garage did call up TSBs on the 2001 PT for poor mpg. One was TSB
18-12-00 dated August 11, 2000. It pertained to poor acceleration with
A/C on and spark knock at high altitudes.
It also stated:
Fuel Economy - Owners may gain 1 to 1 1/2 miles of fuel economy during
highway operation.
I get the impression that this pertains to vehicles equiped with cruise
control. Am I correct?
I do not have cruise control.
Funny, you'd think that a vehicle with the name of CRUISER would
certainly NOT HAVE cruise control as option.

Thanks for your advice, Glenn.