Old May 7th 06, 04:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Default Remote not working 2000 Jetta

No direct Jetta experience here, but have 2000 NB and Golf experience.
Assuming you are referring to the remote activation features of the OEM key;
1) does the car respond in any manner when you press the remote buttons? If
not, the battery in the key may need to be replaced.
2) did you receive a 2nd remote/key with the car? Try it. And/or try the
valet key if you have one.
3) is the key you have the original or a replacement key? you can check the
key # against the number recorded in the owners manual, or, thru the
dealership.
4) if the car is difficult to start, or, slow turning over, the car battery
itself may be low which could affect the operation of the remote system.
Good Luck.