Old December 21st 04, 09:44 PM

I've got Yokohama's on the rear right now.. 255/60R's. They ride nice,
but... don't handle well (but they're 60R-15's ya know.. lotta sidewall..
lotta flex!). But they DO have pretty decent dry AND wet traction. I've gone
off the interstate with cheap tires before.. wasn't fun. Almost went off a
bridge into the Arkansas river actually. Damn "flash floods".

-Mike

--
A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
Cold air intake

"tom" > wrote in message news:cK_xd.2428$iH.2347@fed1read02...

> "pheonix1t" > wrote in message
> > ZombyWoof wrote:
> >
> >> Anybody have any recommendations for a new set of meats on a `01Black
> >> drop-top? The stock 225/55/R16 Goodyears Eagle LS's were ok, but I
> >> have read some really ****ty reviews on most tire sites on the Eagle
> >> LS's. Any viable alternatives out there that impressed the hell out
> >> of anyone?

> > depends what you use the car for!
> > Is this a weekend only ride? Is this your 'work' car?
> >
> > I've had firestones, bridgestones, yokohamas....ALL were better than
> > good-year! The firestones were the best! They cost a lot less than
> > good-year, traction (snow/wet/dry) was MUCH better than good-year! The
> > ride was also better!
> > But, this is for a daily driver (car for work). I just rack up the

miles
> > on it.
> >
> > I needed the best tires for all seasons. Firestones were amazing.
> >

> > Oskar
> >

> Firestone Firehawks...they came standard on my '96 GT coupe. Got 14k

out
> of them. Replaced them with same. Got another 14k. Plus, the tread seemed

> "attract" every nail and screw in the road...I must've flattened all eight
> tires at least once during their lifespan.
>
> Next episide...went with Coopers at the dealer's suggestion. Bad move

there,
> too. Tread separation and cupping. And I kept my front end within spec.

and
> rotated them. At least they lasted 19k before imploding.
>
> Final episode...Yokahamas from Discount Tire. Standard 225/55R-16 @

$139.00.
> Not exactly cheap (none of them are!), but what a sweet-riding tire.
> Excellent wet/dry traction. I've only racked up 10k on them, but no
> uneven/excessive wear...yet. But, just on the basis of driveability,

they're