Old December 21st 04, 05:44 AM
Bill Jones

"Gill" > wrote in message
> ZombyWoof wrote:
>> Anybody have any recommendations for a new set of meats on a `01Black
>> drop-top? The stock 225/55/R16 Goodyears Eagle LS's were ok, but I
>> have read some really ****ty reviews on most tire sites on the Eagle
>> LS's. Any viable alternatives out there that impressed the hell out
>> of anyone?

> I run BFG's KDWS G-Force T/A 275/40/17 on 9" rims
> They're not like drag radials but slideways action is good and wear seems
> OK too. They're good in the wet also.

Yeah, I have the KDWS in 225/55-16 on my 95 GT, and they are a lot better
than the Dunlop SP-5000 tires I replaced. So far I have about 20,000 miles
on them, and they look like they'll go another 20K. Like Gill said, they're
not bad in the rain, and I'll add that they're also not horrible in snow.
The Dunlops were bad in rain and really bad in snow.

For all-season high performance type tires, I'd go with the BFGs again in a
heartbeat.

-Bill J.
95 GT