Old June 21st 05, 05:09 PM
R. Mark Clayton

"Henrik Ohm Eriksen" > wrote in message
. ..
> theres a factory option to remove the electronic max speed limit..
>
> for my (x5) the option code is 0840
>
> What I dont know - is how fast it can actually go....

I would say V1 ~220kph and V2 ~240kph. I do hope meant M5, the X5 has all
the aerodynamics of a garden shed with a parasol on the front*...

> Regards,
>
> Henrik Ohm
>>
>> > wrote in message
>>> Why do BMW limit thier cars to 155mph?

>> John

* the original joke was about UK police Range Rovers that had loads of trim
removed and an uprated (higher compression than the standard low compression
'tractor fuel' 3500 V8). These went quite fast, but were very thirsty and
had all the aerodynamics of a brick ****house.