Old December 7th 04, 03:14 PM
N8N

wrote:

> > >What is the big deal with drivers now hanging their arms outside

of their
> > >vehicles when driving?
> > >Its about time the police started to throw the book at these

posers! It
> is
> > >an offence, ever since indicators were fitted to the automobiles.
> > >

> > An offence?
> > When the signals don't work for whatever reason, arm signals are
> > *required*. Maybe that's one of the reasons it's not an offence.
> > And, how long haveyou been driving? Why "now"? This has been going

on
> > since I started riving, in the 60s. And I'm pretty sure it didn't
> > start then.

> I've occasionally used hand signals when I have a signal bulb go out,

before
> I'm able to replace the bulb (uses the same bulb as reverse lights,

so
> usually I get it replaced in short order). I'm sure only cyclists

know what
> I'm doing, given that everyone else is oblivious when they have
> nonfunctioning signals.

Just curious, what car do you drive where the signal lights are the
same bulb as the reverse lights? Only setup I've ever seen like that
was on export-market 60's era Studebakers.

Incidentally, that's a good way to confuse people at swap meets, show
up with some amber colored backup light lenses (actually fairly easy to
find, as there seem to be more of them left NOS than the clear ones)
for either a GT Hawk or late Lark type and watch people do double takes

nate