Old August 12th 06, 03:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam[_1_]

Default 91 Acura Integra - High NOx - Failed emissions test - NJ

TeGGeR® wrote:
> wrote in
> oups.com:
>
>> My 91 acura Integra LS failed the emission test a second time for high
>> NOx. Could the gurus please provide some input on what I should be
>> checking? Here are the details.
>>
>> Test 1:
>> NOx - 1984
>> HC - 91
>> CO% - .34
>> CO2% - 14.3
>> O2% - .6
>>
>> After this test, my mechanic replaced the Catalytic convertor. The
>> second test results we
>> Test 2:
>> NOx - 1367
>> HC - 10
>> CO% - 0.00
>> CO2% - 13.2
>> O2% - .9
>>
>> So, the NOx did drop but not enough to pass the test. (The pass level
>> of NOx in NJ is 1088)
>>
>> Any recommendations on what could be the big culprit?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>

> If you have an automatic, check the EGR system.

indeed. the op needs to make sure the ignition is set correctly too. a
lot of non-honda mechanics don't bother with the service connector when
setting timing and it's frequently out.

http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/...emissions.html