Old December 18th 04, 06:17 PM

C.H. wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 19:51:36 -0800, gcmschemist wrote:
>
> > Which readers, besides yourself, do you presume to represent?

> Some of my friends, for example.

Who would they be? Until you can provide some sort of evidence that
you actually speak for anyone but yourself, I am going to have to
assume your use of the plural was merely self-importance.

> > It was a salutation of kindness.

> If you say so. I still pass on that.

It's no less sad.

> > I suppose that if you interact with people in real life as you do

here,
> > you don't hear too many polite salutations.

> I interact with people in real life the way they interact with me.

Exactly. Face to face, you have to be polite and respectful, otherwise
you'll end up with no one to talk to. On usenet, there are always
folks to talk to, no matter how rude you are.

I am 100% sure that when you disagree with someone's opinion in real
life, no matter *how* vehemently they state it, you are polite and
respectful (overtly.) In usenet you don't have to obey that social
convention, so you don't. None of your bluster and hogwash about being
the same here as there flies with me, because I simply don't believe
it.

You are rude in usenet because you can get away with it, and that's all
there is to it.

HAND,

E.P.