Old June 25th 05, 03:54 AM
blah blah

In article .com>,
says...
> Hi,
> I am planning to drain/refill the radiator on my 1994
> SL2 auto. At my local auto store, I could only found those
> Prestone coolant that it touts for all makes and models. My
> Haynes manual specifically states that I should use
> non-phosphate ethylene glycol based antifreeze. I just so
> happen to have a couple containers of unused Prestone antifreeze,
> sealed, sitting in my garage for 8 - 10 years.
> Does anyone know would the chemicals in the antifreeze breaks
> down over time (again 8-10 years) even if it is sealed and
> kept in a garage all this time? Is it ok to use the
> coolant?
> Thanks,
> Ted

If it takes dexcool use dexcool. If it takes an OAT coolant never use
conventional coolant. Conventional green coolants attact aluminum and
should be completely changed every 2 years. Un-mixed sealed coolant
should have a very very long shelf life. The new prestone coolant,
yellow in color I think, I havent used yet nor seen it used long enough
to know what it will do...