Old July 8th 05, 02:45 AM
Ritz

> Nice car! Even in the looks department I like it.

Next step is upgrading the turbos, fuel system and intercoolers. That
should get me about 420hp and a bit over 400 ft/lbs of torque (at the
rear wheels). That's pretty close to what you'd get from a recent
vintage viper.....cept you've got AWD. 8-) You've now got a "family
sedan" with lots of room, creature comforts, that can run low 12's with
a trunk full of groceries and child seats in the back. 8-) And you can
still take it out and play when it rains or snows. Try that with a
Mustang! 8-)

I'm still looking for a way to utilize my 428cj engine that I took out
of a wrecked '70 torino. I suspect it will eventually wind up in a
cobra kit or a GT-500 lookalike.

> I'll happily line up against your modded A6 at the drag strip though
> =).. in a Mustang GT that looks like the rest you've "smoked". It's a
> 1998 Ford Mustang GT... one or two mods. FRPP 3.73 gears, Flowmaster
> exhaust running dumps, cold air intake (pfff...), subframe connectors,
> wider rear tires (255/60R-15)... and a Zex dry nitrous kit (75 shot).
> On a dyno it managed (bottle pressure 1200psi) 273rwhp and 370rwtq
> (which equates to roughly 314hp & 426 ft-lb torque at crank). I was
> happy with the results. Car weighs 3,250lbs factory... 3,470lbs roughly
> with me driving it. When just piddling around on the streets it's been
> more than enough to tear into a "factory" Camaro SS & way more than
> enough to tear into a stock or near-stock Camaro z28.

Well, the Audi isn't really designed to be a "dragster." I suspect it
would mop you up on a rally course, though. 8-) In real life...on the
street, it's a very fast car....and not just in a straight line.

Cheers,