Old October 18th 04, 04:53 PM
Janne S Sweden

"Ted Mittelstaedt" > wrote in message >...
> "Janne S Sweden" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Yes we have pretty hard emission checks here in Sweden, almost like in
> > California i think. We check the car and emissions every year.
> > I thougt that it may be the lamda some time ago, but the emissions was
> > perfekt in the test.
> >

> Have them check the emissions again if you can get it done for free - here
> in Oregon you can, the state inspection stations will test for free.
>
> Have someone put a scope on the ignition system.
>
> Ted

I checked two weeks ago at a friends workshop and it was perfekt,i
checked the timing on the ignition as well.
What i donīt understand is why it starts to mess around at that
specific rpm.

If i slowly goes up to 3700 rpm with gearbox locked in position 2 the
engine will stall and lack power and sligthly miss in the ignition and
while itīs doing that the rpm gauge will go crazy and be all over the
place. If i continue to press on the gaspedal it would miss even more
and in the end start exploding in the air cleaner. If i would go about
55 m/h (90km/h)and try to accelerate so the kickdown engages, it would
shift down and just blow the top of the aircleaner, belive me i tried,
it blow the plastic hinges right off.

Janne S
(By the way,Sweden is a country next to Norway and Denmark)