Old May 5th 05, 06:44 PM
Jeff Strickland

Your '01 is OBD II compliant, this means you can get a code reader and find
out for your self what made the MIL light come on.

You can buy OBD II Code Readers for anywhere from about $60 to about $175.
The cheaper units have limited capability, the more expensive units have
more features and abilities. My casual observation is that the units that
cost about $100 are the best value. These units offer the useful features
that the lesser costing units do not have, but they leave out features that
you probably won't use anyway.

Some auto parts stores will let you use a reader for free, the assumption is
that you will learn the Automatic Framis Sensor has failed, and the store
wants you to buy the AFS from them. They want you to buy the special wrench
to put it in, too.

"Firebird" > wrote in message
> I have a 2001 Grand Cherokee Laredo, with 59,900 miles. This morning

while