Old December 22nd 04, 11:29 PM
deadissue.com

Dave LaCourse wrote:
> Deadissue writes:
>
> >One time she
> >brought it in for the 20K mile tuneup and they just put on new tires
> >without asking her.

> They can not do that. And if you paid for it, you are a fool. I

don't really
> believe that *any* dealer would do that, and I find it hard to

believe that
> *anyone* would accept that.
>
> I've been driving Audi Quattros since they came out here in the

states in the
> early 80s, and I have never had any problems with them. I've driven

all of
> them for more than 100K miles, all with normal maintenance.

Remember, Audi
> does the first 50K free. If you brought it to the same dealer for

all of your
> services, you should have the proof. If you skipped an oil change, I

don't
> blame Audi for not paying. It's *your* responsibility to maintain

the car
> proper, not Audi's.
>
> Dave
> RS6

The car was maintained, just not at the dealership. The crux of the
matter here in my opinion is that the same car that had all of the
service done at the dealership had the same problem. So their attitude
of there being a lack of maintenance done because I don't have a
receipt from Jiffy Lube is pretty ridiculous. 9-10K is the estimate,
the car has 52K miles on it and is 9K from being paid off. No way this
should be acceptable.

I have no doubt that this isn't the way at every dealership. The
corporate (at least that's what the service-salesman told me) office is
being strict about it. The factory issue is prevelant in a number of
cars and they're maneuvering to not pay anything they don't have to.

This wasn't a lawnmover or a boombox here, this car has cost too much
to have this happen.