Old August 23rd 06, 04:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
billy ray

Default Throttle Body Cleaning On JGC V-8

To remove (and reinstall) the throttle body for the cleaning process only
adds a few minutes to the procedure as it is easier to clean on a bench than
on the engine....

The cleaning process is more than dumping the cleaner in.... that is what
the old toothbrush is for.

Throttle bodies are much much much easier to clean than carbs (If you are
old enough to remember them)

My comment is aimed more toward the dealer charge of $120 for something
almost anyone can do in their driveway for less than $10 on a Saturday
morning.

The first time you clean a throttle body it might take a half hour.... after
the first time probably 15 minutes, a professional mechanic would probably
not take 10 minutes..... That would make the dealership's effective labor
rate about $720/hr.

This (cleaning) isn't rocket science or master mechanic's work....... if it
was I wouldn't have been able to do it....

Use of the link below tell you all you need to successfully clean a throttle
body.

http://www.wjjeeps.com/service/tbody.htm