Old August 3rd 04, 11:16 AM
Steve Drake

I cannot see how changing the batteries at the same time make any dif, non
of the keys went completely flat they just started to show sign of running
low.

my manual must be different than yours, all mine says in take old battery
out and put new one in, and this is exactly what I did.

but... its gets stranger still, one of the key has started to work I presume
this is due to it getting reprogrammed when I put it in the ignition maybe
this is the fault, eg this didn't happen the first few times.

I am taking it to the garage later today, I will post here with the outcome,
as I said, I presume its the "This is then re-programmed when it is inserted
into the ignition of the car" bit that isn't working.

Steve

"Pete" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 14:28:33 +0100, "Steve Drake"
> >, wrote:
>
> >All,
> >
> >I have an Alfa 156 2 JTS, the battery on one of the keys went dead, I

know
> >the other one was going as when I hit the lock button the boot use to

open
> >(sometimes) so I decided i would replace the battery on both.
> >
> >I went to my dealer for some new batterys but they dident have any in

stock,
> >they recomended that I go to halfords, so i got 2 new batterys from

halfords
> >and relpaced both keys, now the doors wont lock or unlock with the

remote, i
> >just phoned up my delaer and they say it needs resycning and will cost
> >£25!!!
> >
> >Is this normal?
> >
> >Steve
> >

> No, because normally the user would replace the worn battery in One key.
> This is then re-programmed when it is inserted into the ignition of the
> car. Now that key One is fully functioning, key TWO would have its

battery