Old January 6th 05, 09:24 PM
Dave C.

"Arif Khokar" > wrote in message
> Dave C. wrote:
>
>> So as I wrote before, look out for stolen plates (MA) 7631TL. Report
>> them to police if you spot them.

> I would certainly hope that you've posted this to MA specific groups where
> it's more likely to be read by someone who may happen to have seen it
> (and, no, I haven't seen any vehicle using MA plates down here).

Actually, from what the police told me, they are more likely to show up in
another state to be used on a vehicle during a felony of some kind. It
makes sense, if you think about it. Criminals aren't the brightest bulbs on
the tree, but who would steal license plates and then use those same plates
in the immediate area of where they were stolen? The odds of getting caught
would be too high. I'm guessing these plates are probably headed for NYC or
somewhere nearby. But that's just a wild guess. I figured the readers of
the driving group were from all over the country, so it's more likely that
these plates will be spotted.

In any case, it's better for the whole country to be aware that these plates
are stolen, as they will be used by criminals for future criminal activity
of some kind. -Dave