Old June 26th 05, 05:30 AM
DTJ

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 12:33:33 -0600, "Mark A" >
wrote:

>Newbie" > wrote in message
>> It may seem like a superfluous question, but what is the best way of
>> calculating what mmg yuor vehicle is getting? I have my miles reading
>> of course, and I can record how much gas I put in, but there was some
>> gas already there in the tank, and how do I know what was traveled on
>> how much gas? If you have a good system, please share!

>You have to do it over a long period of time (many tank fulls) and then
>estimate the beginning fuel level the very first time. Any error in
>estimating the beginning fuel level the first time will be minimized when
>looking at 10 or more tanks of gas to calculate the mileage.

Uh huh.

Or, you could simply fill the tank, then reset your mileage counter,
then when you fill it next time you do a little thing called division.

If you wish, you can do this multiple times. You could even write it
down. You could then decide to average the average, or do running
averages.

Life is so simple with a little basic math.