Old November 15th 04, 06:10 PM
Dave Henrie

Joachim Trensz > wrote in
:

> Dave Henrie wrote:
>> You are two generations behind in cpu power and 3 generations late in
>> Video processing. You certainly don't have a slow system, but to run
>> the newest sims, you'll need to think about more....lots more.

> I agree on most of what you say, but all he needs to get a decent
> image quality and fps for rF is an ATI 9600. I've tried one in my
> system, and while I had to set all graphics quality options to Medium
> instead of full, I get around 45 to 50 fps most everywhere and still
> good image quality. That's with 2xAA and 4xAniso. That gfx card costs
> ~ €80.-

but you are still limiting your future. And remember, this is a cripled
demo. I suspect the final processing/video requirements will be at least
somewhat higher with the final release. My son has an ati 9500 pro and it
runs even doom3 without too much trouble. But as we start piling on
dynamic lighting effects and more cars and the full physics package. I
think both his cpu and vidcard will be strained.

dh