Old June 13th 05, 04:25 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005, Tom Del Rosso wrote:

> > I'm beginning to wonder about a potentially flaky injector.

> The fuel pump and filter were replaced for $605, and a week later the Hall
> effect sensor for $180.

From where I sit, you are being rather grossly overcharged.

> My mechanic offered to put the old Hall effect switch back in and refund
> that, but I'm worried that the old pump might have been good too.

Same here. It sounds as if he is using the "shotgun" approach rather than
properly diagnosing the fault.

I'm still wondering about a potentially flaky injector, but as with all
the other responses you've gotten, this is just conjecture. The only sure
way to find and fix the fault is to get the car to a competent
diagnostician.