Old July 18th 05, 01:22 PM
C. E. White

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
> While driving my pickup truck to the hardware store yesterday, I got
> temporarily stuck behind a Sloth Coaster driving an SUV. The posted
> speed limit was 55 MPH, but because there was a red light a half mile
> down the road, this SC was puttering along at about 35 MPH. After a
> couple cars in the next lane turned off I managed to break free. The
> ultimate irony ensued when I sailed through the now-green signal at
> full speed, while the Sloth Coaster got stuck behind some dreamer in a
> Durango who had been stopped at the red light and failed to begin
> moving immediately when the light turned green. I heard the Sloth
> Coaster honk his horn impatiently and slow to a near-complete stop
> before the Dreamer Durango started to move.
>
> Think of it as Road Karma in action.

I don't get it. It seems to me the guy in the SUV was doing nothing wrong.
If he had driven 55 up to the intersection, he would have had to lock up his
brakes to keep from hitting the Durango. If you hadn't decided to switch
into LLB mode, the SUV drive could have switched into the left lane and
sailed through the intersection at full speed as well. You seem to think
you have a right to drive like a total ass because anyone in front of you is
a "Sloth" driver. Grow up.

Ed