Old July 3rd 05, 10:08 AM
MC Pee Pants

TV's David W. Poole, Jr. wrote:
> On 2 Jul 2005 19:55:25 -0700, was understood to
> have stated the following:
>
>>> Well nobody said you shouldn't. See, stupid people are going to
>>> believe it no matter how much evidence to the contrary is presented to
>>> them.

>> Sorta like the "they gots WMD" lie, huh, stupid?

> Seemed to work for some libruls:

What about the conservatives?

http://www.thememoryhole.org/war/powell-no-wmd.htm

We had a good discussion, the Foreign Minister and I and the President and
I, had a good discussion about the nature of the sanctions -- the fact that
the sanctions exist -- not for the purpose of hurting the Iraqi people, but
for the purpose of keeping in check Saddam Hussein's ambitions toward
developing weapons of mass destruction. We should constantly be reviewing
our policies, constantly be looking at those sanctions to make sure that
they are directed toward that purpose. That purpose is every bit as
important now as it was ten years ago when we began it. And frankly they
have worked. He has not developed any significant capability with respect to
weapons of mass destruction. He is unable to project conventional power
against his neighbors. So in effect, our policies have strengthened the
security of the neighbors of Iraq... - Colin Powell, 24 February 2001

--

Beliefs are dangerous. Beliefs allow the mind to stop functioning.
A non-functioning mind is clinically dead. Believe in nothing.