Old January 4th 05, 10:12 PM
Alex Rodriguez

In article >, says...

>I think every single intersection ought to have red-light
>cameras. It's getting pretty bad when after you get a green
>light, you've got to wait for 2-3 cars to run the red light
>before you can enter the intersection.

The proper solution is not a camera. A camera is not going to stop an
accident from happening or call for help after an accident occurs. What
needs to happen is that an engineer needs to examine the intersection and
see why so many drivers are running red lights. He can then make
recommendations on what modifications need to be made to the intersection
to make it safer. That will also save a lot of money since accidents cost
everyone one a lot of time and money.
Alex