Old July 23rd 05, 02:19 PM
Bob G.

On 22 Jul 2005 19:35:45 -0400, goof >
wrote:

>One the rear brakes of my 1974 Corvette makes a thumping sound when I
>start driving after holding the brake for some time. My dealer tells
>me the brake pads move a little in the driving direction of the car,
>but they loosen / release well, and there is no abnormal wear and
>tear. any suggestions?

Sounds to me that the roter is slightly warped.... I honestly have
very little faith in most dealers when it comes to these problems...

My right rear rotor was out by 27 thousands when I noticed a similar
problem a few years ago....replaced it with a new roter (out by 7
thousands when installed BTW) and the problem went away....

Thats my guess...

Bob G.
64 72 76 79 & 95 Corvettes...