Old May 19th 05, 01:03 PM
remco

"tricky" > wrote in message
> Dropping the engine doesnt make the body lighter ! Just gives you more
> room under the back end.

Right. I was in "duh" mode just then.

> I have the front end with the bumper mounted resting on a saw horse, and
> wired to the roof as a saftey rope. The rear has no horse, mainly for
> lack of room. I too have loads of tools (woodworking - table saw band
> saw planer morticer etc. etc. as well as my welder comperssor ... ... )
> and only a 15ft by 20ft work shop.

That _is_ tight! I am impressed, Rich.
Mine is a two car garage but like to keep most of the shop clear. I have
several benches in place, but the business end of most tools (table saw,
shaper table, etc) I've kept higher than those benches so larger pieces of
plywood or lumber can easily be moved.
I have a small 16 ft wood boat (restoring that one) on a large dolly. The
bug is on car dollys. Everything can scoot in an out of the shop within
minutes. The benches, engine stand and wood stack on one side of the garage
are also on wheels, so they can also scoot out of the way.

> I used the bumper mounting bolt holes(without the mounting brackets) to
> hang the wires from. The front was not too bad but I had to rebuild the
> back end metalwork to make it strong enough. It wouldnt take the weight
> before I did, but it is good now.

Thanks for that reminder -- I'll have to do the same, make sure it is strong
enough.

> I have some fail safe stands between the car floor and body. They dont
> support any weight but they will stop me from getting squished if
> something gives !

You and I think alike! I hate being under a car without a fail safe and
might tie the front and back horses together with two 2*8 they'd hold it up
should something go wrong. This way the horse won't slip or tip either.