Old February 26th 05, 11:18 AM
Kruse

Julie P. wrote:
> "Julie P." > wrote in message
>
> > And yes, I realize their parts are cheaper, but sometimes I don't

mind
> > swapping out parts if it is an easy repair, like for alternators. I

have
> > started mostly buying quality parts now anyway, from NAPA usually.
> >

> but for stuff like hoses and mufflers, I don't think it matters. And

I have
> had a radiator from AZ which has lasted three years so far with no

leaks.
> Why pay triple for the same part at the dealer?

There are a few people on this group who knock the chain stores because
it takes away business from their own "mom-and-pop" home business.
Remember too, that a lot of guys on this group give out advice even
though they never get their hands dirty.
Bottom line: If you see a name brand quality part at your discount
store, don't be afraid to buy it.