Old March 13th 05, 01:31 AM
Pete Panaia

Default GTP-Glance question...

I really like the glance feature but is there a way to adjust just how far
it will turn?

For sake of example let's say that from 'center' (looking strait forward)
full lock is 25 degrees to the left and 25 degrees to the right. (I have no
idea what the actual values are)

Now let's use a scale from 1-10. 1 being all the way to the left on the
slider and 10 being all the way to the right.
Setting the dead zone slider all the way to the left lets the view move with
every twitch of the steering wheel. That just too twitchy for my liking. So
I set it to about 7 and it seems just about right. The view is stable till
the turn is tight enough to warrant a head turn. The problem is that the 25
degrees to either side is now compressed in to that last bit. So now once
the wheel turns past that point it glances way too much.

Is there any way to limit how much head turn feedback you get at full lock?
Say maybe just 10-15 degrees of head turn.
I did some poking around in some ini's but I have not found a reference to
it yet.

- Pete