Old March 12th 05, 02:58 PM
Tony Rickard

"Antti" wrote:

> > I have got through more than 5 litres topping up my 156 V6 between 12000
> > mile services. It has done 27k miles now, though most of the topping up

was
> > in the first few 1000 miles.

> mine is using about 1 litre in every 10 000kms, what oil are you using?

I've been topping up with Castrol Magnatex, but the biggest use of oil seems
to come after services. I assume my dealer is putting Selena in.

> > That is one reason why they are still more for car enthusiasts. The vast
> > majority of modern car owners don't expect to open the bonnet between
> > services let alone work out where the oil goes.

> there is many cars which needs adding more oil nowadays.
> Opels, Audi v6s, TDIs etc its not just Alfa.
> I would drive any car without checking it once in a while.

Maybe they give the drivers some more warning when they get low so they can
take it to a garage. Most company car drivers I know wouldn't dream of
"maintaining" their car.