Old March 12th 05, 11:18 AM
Tony Rickard

"alfistagj" wrote:

> How about changing oil and filter every 12500 miles as in the

manual........
> Hardly more costs than you have now, but certaily better for the engine!

I have got through more than 5 litres topping up my 156 V6 between 12000
mile services. It has done 27k miles now, though most of the topping up was
in the first few 1000 miles.

These cars don't go between services without needing oil - as in the manual!

That is one reason why they are still more for car enthusiasts. The vast
majority of modern car owners don't expect to open the bonnet between
services let alone work out where the oil goes.

The assumption being that there is something wrong with them if they use
oil - which is not the case.