Old March 12th 05, 09:40 AM
Paul Woodsford

Do you think I'm stupid.
The oil and filter IS changed every 12,000 miles, but the car, well the way
I drive it anyway, uses about 1 L every 4 to 5,000 miles. More when it was
new, less now.
I like to keep it topped upto the mark and check it religiously every week
or before and after any long trip.

A friend who has an Jaguar XKR, noticed the oil light flickered on a steep L
hand bend so decided to top up with oil. The car had done 4,231 miles and
needed 5L to bring it from the Min level on the dipstick to Max.

--
Paul Woodsford
Remove NOSPAM to reply.