Old March 11th 05, 03:48 AM
Jeff Strickland

The Original Post was put up by a guy named John. Let me quote,

<quote>
I've got a 225 v-6 with a strange problem- anyone out there well-versed
with this motor and wants to offer advice?

Thanks,

John
</quote>

I don't know who Ben is. But I was the very first to Reply.

<quote>
What's the question?

There are two versions of that motor, and you must know which version you
have. One is actually a V6, the other is a V8 with 2 cylinders chopped off.
The first is called the 225 Even Fire, the other is the 225 Odd Fire.

You can tell which you have by looking at the distributor, there is space
for 8 plug wires on the Odd Fire motor, so there is a visible gap in two
locations where the plug wires are missing. The Even Fire motor uses a
distributor cap that has only 6 plug wires that are all evenly spaced.
</quote>

When you can find any fault in this, please do not hesitate to speak up.
Until then you will remain, Captain Beside-the-Point.