Old September 28th 04, 11:21 PM
mark barron

Default 1990 535i right low beam trouble

The voltage at the plug (at the halogen bulb) is 11.85 V but the bulb
will not burn. The lowbeam bulb on the other side is working
at 11.96 V. I have tried three different bulbs and none work
on the right side (I even tried the working one from the left side)
Is there some kind of voltage cutoff for halogen bulbs?

I have pulled the LKM and examine the solder on the
three (yes three) relays. Solder looks fine to me.

Using the photo at:
http://www.bmwe34.net/E34main/Mainte...trical/LKM.htm

my LKM is missing relay #2 compared to the LKM in the photo, numbering
1-4 left to right.

Thanks, Mark