Old July 20th 05, 03:14 AM
SpammersDie

"Logan Shaw" > wrote in message
.. .
> The Real Bev wrote:
>> I doubt if the tow-jockey cares where you bought your membership --
>> otherwise
>> you'd play hell getting a tow in an expensive area if you'd bought your
>> membership in a cheap area.

> Call me crazy, but I don't quite get why it's worthwhile to buy
> insurance for this in the first place.

The ability to have a single number to call for help when the car breaks
down in that remote town.

The insurance of the towing fees is something that comes bundled with the
package. If there was a cheaper version that insured only the availability
of the tow and not the cost of the tow, I'd go for it. (But I'd want such
"insurance" to cover the payment to the tow truck operator and have it on a
"bill me later" basis because Murphy's law section 6, paragraph 3 guarantees
that your bank's fraud department will also shut off all your credit cards
at the same time the car breaks down in that remote town.)