Old July 20th 05, 12:09 AM
Bob Ward

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 08:17:44 -0700, Steve > wrote:

>Logan Shaw > wrote:
>>Call me crazy, but I don't quite get why it's worthwhile to buy
>>insurance for this in the first place.
>>At the worst, I can imagine needing a tow perhaps twice a year

>Yikes, maybe twice a lifetime would be a more reasonable worst-case.
>How many people here have ever had to be towed?

I've used my AAA road service calls two or three times per year, on
average - If I didn't PLAN to use it, I probably would not continue to
pay for it.

By "planning" to use it, I don't mean a predetermined schedule of use,
but rather making sure that I receive the level of service I'm paying
for. I'm not averse to allowing the autoclub contracted drivers
change a flat in the rain, snow, or heat, nor am I willing to spend
several hours trying to diagnose a problem at the side of the road if
the car quits running.

My time is worth the investment - your mileage may vary.