Old August 5th 04, 04:39 PM
Alfistagj

Many, many Alfa's of those days were equipped with an LPG system in The
Netherlands (Diesel is more popular nowadays)

Weight will hardly be a problem as the LPG tank will be mouted over the rear
axle and the petrol tank will be nearly empty.
It will costs you some boot space unless you invest in an (expensive) modern
tank that comes in the spare tyre space.

Alfa's do go very nice on LPG as well as they are relativily high
compression engines.
The fuel consumption is approx 10-15% higher than on petrol.
--
Ciao from Holland
AlfistaGJ (Gert-Jan)

"MeatballTurbo" > schreef in bericht
t...
> In article >, am
> says...
> >

> > > From: MeatballTurbo >
> > > Newsgroups: alt.autos.alfa-romeo
> > > Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 07:30:03 +0100
> > > Subject: What are mid 90's Alfas like on LPG?
> > >
> > > As the time to actually buy a new car approaches, I just an inredible
> > > thought. While the Saab has to go, period, I could get something with

an
> > > equally juicy engine if it could be run on LPG.
> > >
> > > While I said before, no V6's because of economy, maybe that wouldn't

be
> > > the case if it could safely and comfortabley run on LPG instead of
> > > petrol.
> > >
> > > That would put the 155 V6 and possibly the 164 v6 (only possibly

because
> > > of the sheer size of the vehicle) firmly in the affordable luxury
> > > cruiser bracket. I know the conversion might cost way more than the

car
> > > (depending on whether the 164 keeps climbing in price), but it

wouldn't
> > > take long with a V6 to reap the fuel benefits, especially if I keep

the
> > > car for a couple of years, and move it on before fuel duty on LPG

equals
> > > that of Petrol.
> > >
> > > What does everyone think?

> > All right for a Range Rover, but it would be utter sacrilege to an Alfa

V6.

http://www.bouncing-czechs.com