Old August 8th 06, 07:23 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
gpsman

Default License covers to reflect red light cameras?

necromancer wrote: <brevity snip>
> > gpsman said in rec.autos.driving:
> > Stop means stop. I don't see what might be so difficult to understand
> > about that. If a driver is paying attention he should be able to
> > easily identify a stale green and should expect it to turn red... since
> > they so often do.

> So, if RLR is such a problem, why not find a solution to the problem
> that doesn't involve highway robbery? (See: http://tinyurl.com/j8llo
> scroll to the part about increasing yellow light timing and its
> corresponding reduction in RLR)

I think I'm fully aware of the problems concerning RLC's and the profit
enhancement techniques of the timing of yellows by the RLC provider.

Guess how I avoid running red lights. It's pretty simple, I don't run
them. The yellow would have to be incredibly short to catch *me*...
because I operate at the SL or below in every environment where RL's
exist.

You might consider that the drivers who have problems with the yellow
timings are drivers who are speeding and/or inattentive. The more
often those drivers are cited, the happier I am.

That's just my POV, I make no claim that it's "right".
-----

- gpsman