Old September 26th 04, 08:14 PM
Lon

Paul Rooney proclaimed:

> Thanks.
> Can you keep snow tyres on all winter and drive on snow-free roads OK,
> or do you have to keep changing them over when you get onto clear
> roads?

Some SUV manufacturers recommend leaving an all terrain tire on all
year around. Seems that the vehicle will tend to tip over less if
the tires can slide sideways when overcornered a bit.

I keep Michelins on mine all year round...the same thing that makes
them good in Sierra snow makes them good in unexpected downpours.
If I did more timber road or rocky driving would probably change
to a Pirelli Scorpion AT with the extra ply sidewalls. For
hard core rock crawling, I'd just change the vehicle.