Old June 16th 05, 02:13 AM
Steve B.

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 00:14:35 GMT, it's a gusher >
wrote:

>Hi, we have a 92 Pontiac Grand Prix with a 3.1, 6 cylinder, auto, a/c.
>The water pump made a worn bearing sound, leaked coolant and showed
>high temperature at the panel. Today I replaced the pump but the car
>still overheats in about 5 minutes of idling.

Since you pulled the thermostat and did the hose test we can assume
their isn't a blockage. Are you sure you have the right water pump
and that the impeller is firmly attached to the shaft? It almost
sounds like your impeller is loose so you aren't getting any water
flow.

Steve B.