Old May 31st 05, 06:56 PM
Alex Rodriguez

In article .com>,
says...
>For the last couple of weeks there's been a roadside radar in my
>neighborhood. I've driven by it about 5 times and it COMPLETELY is
>incorrect in reading my vette. It reads 18-20 MPH when I'm going
>35-40.
>I'm certainly not complaining, but wondering if radar is inheriently
>bad at reading a low profile car like mine.

How do you know the speed reading is for your car? Radar will usually read
the strongest signal that gets reflected back. If your car has a small radar
profile, than your car may not get picked up when there is a stronger signal
being reflected off of another vehicle. If your car has a non-metallic body
and the radiator is angled down, then you will have a smaller radar profile
than most other cars.
Alex