Old March 15th 06, 11:00 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default new car odometer

In message >
Bill T > wrote:

> I know this borders on OCD, but my previous new cars had 10 miles each,
> and 55 sounds not quite virginal.

I've bought a car described as 'used' with less miles on the clock! The
explanation is that it was registered to Toyota UK, and used on a static
display.

On the other hand, I took delivery of my RS6 with over 50 miles on the
clock - the reason being that all RS6s were road tested by the factory,
which involved being driven around a 30 mile set route on public roads.