Old July 24th 05, 07:32 PM

Dave C. wrote:
> So in other words, it's safer to NOT wear a seatbelt in NY. After all, when
> you are stopped for speeding, you will have nothing to plead to, if you are
> buckled in.

Not really, since the police in NYS often pull people over just for
having an unbuckled seatbelt. And I'm sure if you were pulled over for
speeding and the cop decided to give you a lesser ticket instead, there
would always be some no-points charge he could come up with.

For an inside look at how NYC police operate, google "ny.pd ra.nt"
(without the dots) and look at the web-based discussion board that
comes up first. Lots of discussions about the "professional courtesy"
cops extend to other cops' family members when they get pulled over.
There are a *lot* of cops in the NYC area, and therefore there are
whole communities where almost everyone is related to one and has a
union card which gets them out of tickets.

-Apr