Old March 29th 05, 04:43 PM
Skip Elliott Bowman

"Jim Yanik" .> wrote in message
.. .

> It does require one be aware of approaching traffic in regards to their
> own
> rate of passing or overtaking of a car they intend to pass.
> Driving skills,IOW.
>
> If "sloth" or micro-passing is hindering,at what rate would passing NOT be
> LLBing? The answer is the rate that one not hinders faster traffic. (thus
> not blocking the passing lane;the entire CONCEPT of "slower traffic keep
> right".)
>
> "Slower traffic keep right" implicitly implies(is that proper English,or
> redundant?) that one NOT hinder faster traffic.Whether one is in the act
> of
> passing or not.

Perhaps we're arguing different points? If I used your logic, Jim, then no
one could ever use the passing lane. Even if a car was at 90 mph, it would
be blocking another car doing 100 mph regardless of how far behind the
second car was following.

I do agree with the premise (was it yours or Arif's?) that if a pass can be
completed without forcing an approaching car to slow down, that would be the
best scenario. But if a driver is exceeding the speed limit by a
significant margin like +25 mph then s/he needs to expect to be hindered at
some point. Either by another car or a LEO.