Old January 28th 05, 01:01 PM

Geez I hope I am not posting this twice. I find the "reply" function a
bit confusing.

I just want to say thank you to everyone for responding. You reassured
me that I am not putting my car into any immediate danger, but I guess
I need to go check things out with my mechanic.

Regards,
Judy

jwlbal wrote:
> The light on my 01 Beetle TDI came on immediately after starting the

other
> day, and it was maybe 15 degrees. I turned in so the sun was on the

hood,
> shut it off for awhile and it was fine when I tried it again.
>

> "bluejudy" > wrote in message
> om...
> > My VW Passat coolant light (the one that looks like a thermometer

with
> > a wave under it) came on during the cold snap the other day and

came
> > on again today (it's very cold out again today).
> >
> > 1) On both occasions the radiator was full and the overflow level

was
> > where it should be in that plastic thing.
> > 2) The car did not overheat. As it heated up, the temp gauge went

up