Old May 30th 05, 01:38 PM
Snow

Different Nation, but why not, They should be honoured and saluted everyday
for what they have done and still do.. Thanks to all the vets on both sides
of the border who have fought on foreign shores. Thanks to my 2 Grandpa's
who fought in Europe (one stationed 20 miles behind the lines in a support
role and the other as an aircraft armourer), to my great great uncle who
died Nov 8, just 3 days before the end of the war to end all wars. Thanks
to all those out there on active duty around the world and special thanks to
those who gave all so we could be here today.

"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward
glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.

Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have
always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with
your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane,
take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind."

Major Michael Davis O'Donnell
Dak To, Vietnam
Listed as KIA February 7, 1978

Snow...