Old May 30th 05, 01:28 PM
Stephen Cowell

"Ben" > wrote in message

> I have one uncle that served 2 years in
> Vietnam and come home with 3 purple hearts and was spit on by left wing,
> communist, hippie tree huggers...

You couldn't do it, could you? You couldn't let the opportunity
go by... well, *I'm* not taking your political bait. We'll talk about
this some other day... not today.

Today is not the day for talking about the purposes of war...
that would inevitably cloud the reflection and celebration
we're doing today.

Today is a day for remembering, and yes, celebrating, those
who served by giving their lives.

So have a good holiday... but, if you happen to notice around
3pm local time, pause and think of those that fell.
__
Steve
..