Old November 20th 04, 04:19 AM
Lon

Gary Powers proclaimed:

> What? A fast Jeep? Are Jeeps really that fast? This sounds like BS.
> BS alert!
> BS alert!
> Maybe a Jeep vs another suv but sports cars?
> Give me a break.

With a suitably modified engine, it isn't that overly heavy.
However, I would expect the 4 wheel drive to be a disadvantage
since a good launch for drag racing typically involves wheels
leaving a bit of expensive rubber behind. Perhaps am wrong, but
on a 2wd always got best street starts with a bit of cop alarm
squeal.

Or perhaps he has a Grand Cherokee SRT-8, where even the
non-SRT version is a bit quicker than a midline Bimmer.