Old March 11th 05, 06:26 AM
John David Galt

> 1.Why do I have to pay seperate liability for each car, when all i can
> do is wreck one at a time? Anyone have one good reason other than
> insurance companies making more money?

a) By law, the insurance covers the car no matter who is driving it.
Even if you told them about everyone who lives with you, you might have
the habit of lending it to a friend or neighbor (which you wouldn't
legally have to tell the company about unless you give him his own key).

[I'm not a lawyer, but I did just pass my insurance agent test.]

b) You could very well wreck the first car today, then switch to driving
the second car and wreck it tomorrow. In fact mathematically, someone
who just had a wreck is much more likely than the average person to have
another.

> 2. And why doesn't my insurance go down even though the value of my car
> goes down?

If it's liability coverage, it shouldn't. For comp & collision, it can,
but you have to request a reduction in the coverage limits. The company
can't read your mind.