Old January 26th 05, 11:22 AM
In2hoppn

"SoCalMike" > wrote in message
> In2hoppn wrote:
> > Nowhere on the car is to be found numbers that even vaguely resemble

codes
> > D15B7, D15B8, or D15Z1.

> shouldnt it be *somewhere* on the block? like near the tranny bellhousing?

There is an engine number on the block near tranny. But it's not an engine
code like these.
I'll have to clean it a little better to get the number accurately, but
haven't found anywhere yet that references that number to engine type.
Thnx for your imput, again!
I was looking at a parts website http://pa.partsandacessories.com (it works
well to list different vehicles and lets you quickly quote part numbers and
prices (steep?)... I found that basically, it's the same coil and ignitor
accross the board, D15B7, D15B/Z8, D16Z6, D15Z1... including Del Sol V-TEC
DOHC 94 - 95 B16A3. Of couse, not Honda anywhere was listed as a 1.5 VTEC,
and D15B8 was not to be found on the entire site! So that's probably the
engine I have in this thing ; ) Another parts site did let me look at D15B8
which is under 95 Civic CX (I'm surfing in one window, typing here in
another!) and it showed coil and ignitor as same part numbers (different
distibutors though).
I guess I can get it figured out. But any more info regarding figuring out
which engine I have from anyone would still be welcome!
Thanks all
In2hoppn