Old June 24th 05, 10:16 PM
Brcobrem

Thank you Joe and Nate for your thoughs on this.

I actually did buy the car this month before the lease ended. It's
still under warranty so I can push this at the dealer's if I want too I
suppose.

Alas, as my buddies and I were discussing last night, visiting a car
dealer for any reason is one of the most unpleasant trips we could
think of. On that subject, a visit to http://www.stopautofraud.com/ can
make that experienece a little less one-sided.

While we're on the tire and wheel subject: The new tires were Dunlop's
SP Sport FM901 V Rated High Performance Sport Radial size 195/55R15.
Way more tire than the humble Mazda needed, but the only thing I could
find in that odd-ball "55" OEM profile. On Dunlop's site, it says the
Approved Rim Width is 5.5-7.0 inches. Then it says the Measured Rim
Width is 6 inches. Would that imply that the proper alloy wheel should
be a 6 incher?

Fyi: Tire Size 195/55R15, Approved Rim Width 5.5-7.0, Measured Rim
Width 6, Section Width 7.9, Outside Diameter 23.5, Tread Width 6.9

Once again, I look forward to any replies on this.

Regards,
Brcobrem